Kids Creating Space is committed to the protection and privacy of any personal information. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles. The company will only use personal information as set out below.
1. What personal information we collect
KCS collects personal information in the course of its everyday activities. KCS only collects personal information when required for one of our program functions or activities.
Examples of information we collect include:
- telephone numbers
- email addresses
- transaction history
- Student performance and evaluation
- Staff feedback
- If you are a candidate for employment, we can collect your resume and other information as set out in our application or during our recruitment process
- Device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smartphone, tablet, or other devices to access our KCS digital services. This information can include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
2. How we collect your personal information
Personal information can be collected when you:
- register your details on our website via contact pages and buttons
- purchase our products or services
- communicate with us directly in person, by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means
- subscribe to any of our membership programmes or newsletters
- participate in surveys and other types of research
- are a candidate for employment and complete forms in relation to recruitment and selection.
3. Why do we collect personal information?
Personal information collected by KCS to track, measures and evaluate student learning, to sell our online & offline services, to improve our business, offerings, and employment opportunities. We use your information to track teacher/ student performance and will always securely handle and store this information when collected.
If we receive Personal information that KCS has not asked for, we will aim to de-identify or delete this information to protect your privacy.
If you have agreed we will send you information about products, services and offers that we think may be of interest to you. The methods of communicate we offer are via: email, SMS, phone calls, mobile applications, web, social media or via post.
Changing your preferences
You can “opt-out” of marketing communications at any time by replying in the same way that you received the communication or by contacting us directly. (contact details below)
4. Disclosure of information
KCS respects the right for you to deal with us without identifying yourself and understands that you don’t have to give any information requested by us. If you choose not to give us the information we have asked for, we will not be able to give you the goods or carry out services, particularly if the information is required by law.
7. Storage of information
Personal Information you provide is stored in both hard (i.e. paper-based) and soft formats (i.e. IT-based). Information is kept securely either on KCS sites or on KCS IT systems and only accessible by authorised staff.
KCS makes reasonable efforts to destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer needed.
9. Retention of your personal data
KCS will only retain your personal information when there is a business purpose. This means that the retention periods will vary according to the type of information and the reason that we have the information in the first place. In some instances, the Terms & Conditions in applications for our products or services will detail how long the personal information you provide will be retained.
10. Changes to this statement
11. Contacting KCS
You can contact us directly
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact details above, informing us of the circumstances and reasons for your complaint. We will review any complaints and respond to them within a reasonable period of time.